Team Of The Week

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by FatCat, Nov 22, 2017.

1. FatCat

FatCat Administrator Staff Member Test

FatChips:
    I believe I have a script that will work to determine a winning team automatically using a point system. My question now is what happens if two or more teams Tie. How is the winning team determined?

2. MissMousse

MissMousse New Member Chief Bazinga

FatChips:
    Joe, check with your dad. Ties did happen a few times. I think both teams were awarded the chips. Make sure with him, first.

3. CoachesCorner

CoachesCorner New Member Chief RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    I am sure Both teams got the chips BUT I believe the team that got recognition on the home page was the team that had the highest finishing player.
    the point system was 1 point for 10th through to 10 points for 1st , omitting any players in the top 10 that were not on a team..

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    BigC likes this.
  4. FatCat

FatChips:
    Your both right, I talked to Muf and that is what he said. He did say that he would display both if he could but the way DB had it set up he could only choose one so he went by the highest ranking player of the two teams. I set it up so if the top two teams share the same number of points both teams are displayed.

I got it mostly done last night with the exception of adding chips to the winning team pot. but to do that I need to start working on setting up rounds and weekly scripts. But If that is something that can be done without for the meantime, we can start having ToW just need to figure out a day and time.

As always its done automatically so no one has to report to staff the results of the game. Just like MoW, ToW should update (where ever I put the code) once the game is officially over.

screwball and GOTCHA2017 like this.
  5. BigC

BigC New Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    In the past we had solo players along with many teams that played....We just worked around those that were solo....
    If your on a table with several of your teamies the team play would happen...
    When a solo member was at the table you played he/she as well....
    I am just stating what was past practice....

Many many times a solo player won the TOW and also the MOW....We had a point system and counted the one with the most team mates left on the final table......10 pts to 2 pts...
    I think that is correct....It went by points....Someone on other teams would witness plus a screen shot works for final table...

Most every time the members on the same team would tally the points...I am sure mufasa knows the point system we went by...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017

Seems my post was overlooked but guess what, i am cool with it..
    Just thot i'd share something from a month ago..
    Maybe it was un-noticed...

BigC

CoachesCorner likes this.
  6. FatCat

FatChips:
    Your post wasn't overlooked, Its why I delayed ToW. Before that post I had thought the person that got 1st, it was their team that won ToW as I did not know it was done by a point system. I wrote a new script based on the point system that was described in the past in that thread.

My question here was, "What if there was a tie?" as it can happen using a point system and I wondered what was done about it in the past. I got my answer and later Muf asked if I can display both teams. Which should happen if there is a tie moving forward. However if there happens to be a 3 way tie. Nothing will show up. If that ever happens I'll add it but it seems unlikely.

7. CoachesCorner

FatChips:

Sounds good, as for a time the time that was agreed upon before is now the MOW timeslot... to accommodate North Americans, Euros and Aussies as best as possible.. There were 2 MOW game slots one the MOW in a north american time slot and the Euro MOW in a Euro, aussie, shiftworker time slot. With the TOW on Saturday afternoons at 2 server i believe??

My thinking would be to try and schedule a double header on Saturday afternoons server time... 2 big games would mean a good turnout i would think for both ?

BigC likes this.
  8. FatCat

FatChips:
    I used that time slot because there currently only one MoW. I do have one concern and that is whether or not people that "sit" or "AFK" get easy chips if there is lack of actual players in an Euro MoW. I may just shorten the registration times since I fixed showing announced games in the lobby.
    I'm curious of how many players would participate in an "Euro Member of The Week" game, say using the old days and time slots.

9. MissMousse

FatChips:
    Joe, the time for the Euro MOW was at a time that was the best for the member in Austrialia, New Zealand and all of Europe. This
    game was not in mid-afternoon. I do remember that it was at a time where I (on Pacific time) was sleeping. We have several members living in the U. K., so a time that is really best suited to them.
    Several of the East Coast early risers and the die hard night owls played in the games. Always a nice turnout. But, not as large as
    the turnout for the MOW game.

10. CoachesCorner

FatChips:
    I believe it was like 3 or 4 AM server on Saturday morning, not conducive to North Americans unless night owls or shift workers, but the point was to have a MOW for those that could not make the timeslot on a weeknight for the MOW game( Thursday at 8 PM server i believe? )
    As MM has stated the turnout was lower but it had its dedicated players that played it each and every week , and for most it was the only big game on the site they got to play in would be nice to give them that game back, and hopefully would entice more euros / aussies to return and play.

11. FatCat

FatChips:
    Looking up the old games, MoW was Thursday at 6pm, EMoW was Saturday at 2am, and ToW was 2pm Saturday. TimeZone is unknown but since the old server was in Houston, TX, I would safely assume the times were in Central. The games where announced that day, which I feel should be announced at least a day or two before. Registrations was 2 hours before the start of the game which I'll probably do as well moving forward to reduce the number of AFK players.

12. MissMousse

FatChips:
    Glad that you are able to see all the old stuff. And, yes everything was on Central time.

13. BigC

BigC New Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Yes joe,it was on CST....However the lobby games is an hour ahead...The games are on EST....

14. FatCat

FatChips:
    Games still started on CST just the lobby just displayed the wrong start time. One of the things I've been working on here and there is to display the users local time based on their settings in the forums. A few things left before that is done, however the lobby should now display the correct start times based off of the lobby's clock.

BigC likes this.
  15. MissMousse

FatChips:
    Thank you Joe, sometimes it was confusing with the different time. Make me do extra thinking.