tables are garbled

Discussion in 'Bugs & Glitches' started by MissMousse, Jan 30, 2018.

1. MissMousse

MissMousse New Member Chief Bazinga

FatChips:
    hi joe
    on my screen no one is in their seat. one players name will be way up in the left hand corner. i can play if someone tell me which seat everyone should be in. not fun!

2. FatCat

FatCat Administrator Staff Member Test

FatChips:
    :confused: Screenshot? May I suggest clearing the cache?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  3. MissMousse

FatChips:
    Joe, I'm a Mac used. and sorry to say I do not know how to clear the cache. or if i even have one.

4. FatCat

FatChips:
    What browser do you use?

5. MissMousse

FatChips:
    chrome
    and safari

6. FatCat

FatChips:
    In Chrome
    1. On your computer, open Chrome.
    2. At the top right, click More [​IMG]. (the 3 stacked Dots)
    3. Click More tools [​IMG] Clear browsing data.
    4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
    5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
    6. Click Clear data.
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

Safari 8.0 - 10.0 (Mac) - Clearing Cache and Cookies
    1. Click Safari in the upper left hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
    2. In the window that appears, click the Privacy tab. Click the button Remove All Website Data....
    3. Click Remove Now in the pop up window that appears.
    https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=45060

7. MissMousse

FatChips:
    joe, on the ring tables i was able to be seated which is good. but, now i have no chat. what did i do wrong?

8. BigC

BigC New Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Thanks joe, i had to clear my cache as well........Logged in today couldn't see avatar's...lol

All good, thanks again.

9. MissMousse

FatChips:
    both jmbot and myself had problems with no being able to bet . we both had to close the table and reopen several times.

10. ruggedrueger1

ruggedrueger1 New Member

FatChips:
    Exact same here MM

11. MissMousse

FatChips:
    joe, the turbo games are messed up. half the time the game folds you so you can't even bet. and if you click on a pre-selected dot the game ignores it. please see if you can work your magic here. games are fast and fun.

12. puck1197

puck1197 New Member

FatChips:
    same here no mater what browser or device, any fix yet?

13. FatCat

FatChips:
    Have you tried clearing the browser's cache?

Cache is your browser storing files that sites use commonly use for faster loading, rather than your browser requesting the same file that it knows (or thinks) is present when visiting any given page.

Since I had to destructed a file (which took a few days to do), to add team names to the tables I added a lot of new variables to give my self better control over the elements on the table for future features. Again since these are new elements to the file, the file your browser had cached on your computer does not match the version on the site, therefore dose not know what to do with the new elements. It just assigns them all the default value of 0.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  14. CoachesCorner

CoachesCorner New Member Chief RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Clearing the cache works to sort out the tables , however myself and quite afew others have noticed a frequent need to reload the tables as you get folded automatically if you dont. This seems to have gotten worse since the team tags were added, I am not sure if the 2 things are related or its just a co-incidence?

15. FatCat

FatChips:
    CC, If you notice a pattern where this happens let me know and I'll look at that event/action of the code. I may have fat fingered an extra key when editing the file.

16. MissMousse

FatChips:
    Joe, its now Sunday afternoon just played in the Omaha HiLo game, started at 4:00 fatcat time. By 4:15, I had to close the table and re-open three times. And it when like this throughout the game for most of us. CC, SlippinJimmy and GOTCHA, we all the the same problem of getting folded time after time. Wave your magic wand please and see if you can fix this very annoying problem. Thank you.

17. BigC

BigC New Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Yes it is starting to get annoying.....Hope this can be fixed with the fat finger hahaha

18. FatCat

FatChips:
    What happens before the first time being forced to fold? Are you being forced to fold because the timer is running out or are you being folded automatically? Do the buttons show up at all? After it happens the first time does it happen every time after?
    I need to know what happens right before this bug happens to pin point a location in the file.

The only other option is to re-upload an old file and spend 3 to 7 days (depending on availability) going through nearly 8 thousand lines of code of the one file (3 thousand of which is dummy code :rolleyes:), decoding the file again to add team tags. Because this guy didn't think to save a copy after doing it the first time. :eek::oops:

Best I get started. May have to clear the cache again. I think I may have a work around so you don't have to anymore but I'm unsure if it works.

Edit: There is still the old lobby up that is available.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  19. CoachesCorner

CoachesCorner New Member Chief RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    For myself, the timer does not run out it just folds me, and it happens from then on until the table is reloaded. The buttons are there but its like the game has decided I am sitting out and just folds me despite the buttons

Cant speak for other people and how the problem starts and the screen looks

20. FatCat

FatChips:
    Made a few changes, Hopefully it works as it should.