Just suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BigC, Nov 15, 2017.

1. BigC

BigC New Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    1) Joe i was wondering if the site can have half hour games....I think that would keep players on the site longer...

2) Also i was wondering if we can have 2 to 3 special big games a week....

3) A leaderboard would be nice...

4) Team rosters...

5) Hopefully a TOW game when the time is right..

Just suggestions i have talked with a few other members and those were the main things brought up....

Thanks
    BigC

GOTCHA2017 likes this.
  2. GOTCHA2017

GOTCHA2017 New Member

FatChips:
    I like these ideas. If I didn't have to wait 40 to 50 minutes for the next free roll it would be good.

BigC likes this.
  3. FatCat

FatCat Administrator Staff Member Test

FatChips:
    1. I'm open to the suggestion, That means rather than 24 games daily. That would be 48, which would double the time I spend making tables daily. If there is a great demand in it, I'd heavily consider it and give it a few trial runs to see the results.
    2. What did you have in mind? Days/Time/Game Types/Modes.
    3. As in Chip Leaderboard? If not what do you mean?
    4. As in a list of people to show who is on what team? If your referring displaying your team at poker tables. I'm looking into it how ever that would require me to learn Java (different language than Javascript). Though I haven't given up on it.
    5. Probably will be coming soon, probably when I get around to making a manual or automated way of updating TOW.
    Ultimately my goal is the same since day one of this new site, and that is having everything that can be, automated (like displaying MOW as soon as the game is over).

4. BigC

FatChips:
    Well on the half hour games can you just copy the schedule and roll it over day to day.??
    Then just type in the special games when they arise?
    Leaderboard to show the whole site 1st to last place in chips yes....

As far as a team roster i was meaning to be able to go to a team and see who is on that team and their chip count....
    A few have told me they cannot se who is all on teams and if they can view who is on what team those that are solo will be able to make a choice as to what team they want to join...

As far as the mow is concerned joe it has been the biggest draw for ppl to register that says volumes...
    Btw Great job on setting up the MOW...

Glad were having this discussion and i hope more post...Your help is needed fatcatters..

Thanks
    BigC

5. FatCat

FatChips:
    Doing games each hour takes around 10 minutes to make each night so 24 game is done in 10 minutes. Doing half hour games will double that. Doing Special games takes about 3-5 minutes each game. The reason behind that is hourly games I've set it up that most of the fields are there by default other than 6 fields. Doing special games has more to change from the default to settings appropriate to the game. Before it was automated on the old site Mufasa spent hours making games each week.
    There is however a feature that is supposed to allow me to "Copy" games, however its not working properly and really got around to investigating the issues.

There is a simple form of a chip leader board that shows the top ten when you click on the chip count under anyone's profile pic. But I'll look into creating an ajax leader board for Chips and Teams. (ajax is a JavaScript library that allows for real time updates without refreshing the page)

6. BigC

FatChips:
    Seems if it can show the top ten why can't it show the ppl form 11th down?

7. BigC

FatChips:
    I know it means more to schedule joe and your time put in is much appreciated..The point i am making is if we had a half hour game players would sit longer play more..Hence more action and more would register and play..
    I am guessing it would bring more to fatcat and the more here the more possible donations to keep the site going...

8. BigC

FatChips:
    But what do i know i am just a squirrel trying to find a nut lol...:confused::)

9. FatCat

FatChips:
    The leader board thing is a static setting and will stop at the number that is set. Id look into creating one with pages (with like 20 per page) and possibly a search bar.
    I prefer suggestions and possible solutions to issues over rants ;).

10. BigC

FatChips:
    I'm not ranting..I simply made some suggestions is all.....But seems my suggestions weren't valid suggestions so be it.....
    I have put alot of time playing on this site over 11 yrs....Idk what else to say...Sometimes it just takes a YES or a NO...I can make those changes or i can't...Plain n simple..

11. FatCat

FatChips:
    I was referring to your thread about bots.

12. BigC

FatChips:
    That is in another thread not this one joe come on man

13. BigC

FatChips:
    Alot of good it did to make suggestions only to bring something from another thread into the suggestion thread......

SORRY I MADE A FEW SUGGESTIONS..........SORRY GOTCHA I TRIED.
    NEVER HURTS TO TRY.......LOL

14. FatCat

FatChips:
    Yet I responded to ALL of your suggestions in a positive manner.

Could have suggested some adjustment to the bots than
    That is all I'm getting at. It was not meant as a personal attack.:)

15. BigC

FatChips:
    So are you saying i wasn't being positive in suggesting some things that members wanted?
    As for the bots there was a separate thread for that... Wasn't there?? Time and place for everything...

So what becomes of those suggestions ? That is the question of the day!!!!

This has went way off the topic......Those suggestion i have heard from several members and thought i'd bring them to the forefront.....Not one suggestion was yes that is possible or no can't do it...

I get tired of ridin the middle of a fence.....This site needs at least a cpl of those suggestions to make it for the team aspect of this site....

If you read my last post on the bots it should have ended there and the posts you replied to should have ended in that thread as well not here ....Just sayin.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  16. FatCat

FatChips:

The only suggestion I didn't give a clear answer to was
    But I asked

MissMousse likes this.
  17. BigC

FatChips:
    Again Joe i made other posts on games..I said Tuedays dblr games etc etc if you recollect..As for times i don't care i am sure you can figure that out as you have the time to sit back and watch while ppl play....You have more time to observe this site then the players do...

Fpr some reason you want to complicate things and say puter words i have no clue as to what some of them mean....This isn't rocket science bud it is just a poker site and if you have raw data from old fatcat seems to me you can determine on what has worked and what hasn't!!!!

18. BigC

FatChips:
    Gnite

19. FatCat

FatChips:
    Its called being and Admin. :p
    Sweet Dreams ;)

MissMousse likes this.
  20. BigC

FatChips:
    Tuesday a special game (time of your choice) set up with same payouts as MOW & the Vets game.

Saturday a special game between 1:00 to 4:00pm. Or time of your choice that would work for Here and abroad...

Sunday a special game between 1:00 to 4:00pm. Or time of your choice that would work for Here and abroad...

As for the types of games....Switch em up.....Omaha Hilo,Omaha,& Holdem.

A buy in of your choice or no buy in, up to admin..

If this is feasible......Again just a suggestion...

FatCat said:
    What did you have in mind? Days/Time/Game Types/Modes.