Attn Joe : Just curious regarding Team forums and Private messages

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by CoachesCorner, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoachesCorner

CoachesCorner Member Chief RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Hey Joe, I was just curious if it was possible to send a group message to everyone on a team as a group rather than adding each person individually?
    Would make conversations within the team to get everyones attention a lot easier if it could be done.

Thanks

BigC likes this.
  2. MissMousse

MissMousse Member Chief Bazinga

FatChips:
    CC, if Joe cannot do this, might I suggest sending a team email to all the Rush members.

3. CoachesCorner

FatChips:
    Good option however some dont want to give emails, and I respect their wishes. This was just an option on the old fatcat I believe to send a group message... Mainly used for your own team but could be used to message another team say to say GG and thanks for a team game for example.

I was just thinking it could be useful to all teams not necessarily just for Rush.

4. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    It would be nice just to get a reply if it can or cannot be done.....

5. FatCat

FatCat Test Title Staff Member Test

FatChips:
    Anything can be done, but it won't be high on my 'to-do' list as there are other things I find more important that needs worked on. I'll suggest to the plug-in dev to add it as a feature in a future update (since its a commercial product and be at no cost to us).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018 at 3:55 AM
  6. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Thanks for the reply

7. MissMousse

FatChips:
    There is always the option of sending a "conversation" to someone.

8. CoachesCorner

FatChips:
    That is exactly what i was talking about , but if it was possible to send to a group ( your team ) it would be much easier than adding each and every player on your team into the conversation each time. Its not a huge deal , but it would make it easier for people to communicate to a large group of people like a team.

9. MissMousse

FatChips:
    its just more work for Joe, and not necessary. Just post it in your team forum.

10. CoachesCorner

FatChips:
    Who says its not necassary? To some it is necessary, not everyone goes to the forums daily but they do see if they have a message in their inbox. Perhaps each and every member of your team does check the forums daily and if so good for them,but that does not mean other teams cannot use this option if it is possible... Every team and every player is different, you run your team as you see fit and I will try and help mine and anyone else that would like things like this as I can.

Not trying to argue but Joe has said it can be done but its not a high priority and that is fine the question was answered there was no further need to be negative regarding this possible option. It was avail. before I asked if it could be done here, Joe answered and the subject should have been done.

.Just because you dont want it doesn't mean others dont and there is no reason to be negative about it. It was a simple question which was answered plain and simple .

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018 at 12:21 PM
    BigC likes this.
  11. MissMousse

FatChips:
    again, this is your agenda. to make it easier for you. please stop asking for all these things for Joe to work on. and of course,,
    this is just my opinion.

12. CoachesCorner

FatChips:
    To be honest I am not sure why you keep this conversation going other than simply to disagree for the sake of disagreeing? The question was asked, the answer was given, and it was put to rest as far as I was concerned??
    It was not my "AGENDA" as you put it, it was simply a question to see if something could be done to make things easier for anyone that chose to use this feature if it was possible to enable.

Joe said it was possible but not a high priority... and I was fine with that, but you kept up with your AGENDA to scuttle this because you feel you dont need it instructing me to do this and do that. I respectfully explained why i thought this could be better but I never kept after Joe to do anything, just explained to you why I thought it could be useful to answer your negative posts regarding it.

If things can be done to improve the site I will ask a simple question.. please read not demand things ASK QUESTIONS... when i get the answer i let it go. If no one asks if things can be done to hopefully improve the site nothing will happen outside the box.
    Also more importantly If others just let something die after the answer is given threads like this will not go on and on and on proving absolutely nothing.

This of course is just my opinion

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018 at 2:49 PM
  13. MissMousse

FatChips:
    they were merely suggestions for you to try. subject is now closed. thank you for all your opinions.

14. CoachesCorner

FatChips:
    and thank you for yours...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.