1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Sunday big game ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by BigC, Feb 25, 2018.

1. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    I agree coach the more big games we have i think THIS SITE will pick up in ppl playing.

2. CoachesCorner

CoachesCorner Member Chief RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    I totally agree, that was way more fun that the small turnouts we have now.. there are enough members and as i said before can only hope that if there was a 2nd big game earlier on a Sunday perhaps people would stay online and play in between

BigC likes this.
  3. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    I agree coach....a mid day game anywhere from 1 to 4 is a good time...I think on old fatcat we had a BIG GAME @ 3....
    It was called the BIG GAME too,if my memory serve me right lol..

4. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Seems the Sunday game was a one day deal.....
    Most were hoping for a Sunday game to be every Sunday....

5. FatCat

FatCat Administrator Staff Member Test

FatChips:
    I did make a game for Sunday, due to a typing error it never started...
    upload_2018-4-9_13-57-52.png

Most only join for "Big Games" and that's it. It don't keep people at the tables.

6. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    One scheduled game is not a very good determination as to getting players..
    The players have to get used to seeing the bigger games in order to register and play them..
    I'm not here to cause trouble i am here posting on this site in hopes to better it not take it down..
    I actually give a chit joe...Seems some on here don't...

CoachesCorner likes this.
  7. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    I have been requesting games since this new sites inception and i am here for the ppl and the teams..
    I am not here for my benefit i am here in hope to SPEAK UP and in doing so in hopes for the betterment of this site..

Big games draws ppl to register and more teams to play..
    How do we know that will not work until we try...

CoachesCorner likes this.
  8. CoachesCorner

FatChips:
    Joe you are right people do indeed sign up in larger numbers for the bigger games that is a fact. The site needs active people to encourage new players to stay , right now I venture to say they log in , see no games starting a few times and never come back.
    So since its in agreement bigger games draw payers.. it makes sense to scatter a few more bigger games throughout the schedule I would think. That increases the chances of new players encountering others playing, of having games being played.

The Sunday big game right now is not at a great time for EST or CST players as it is around or during dinner time but it is a great time for West coast players. The thinking for another large game earlier was to entice the east and central time zone players to log in play and hopefully spend a few hours on the site. Hopefully as more players are on the site ( old players as well as new players) both on Saturday and Sunday they would stick around and play more between the 2 big games each day.

I agree with weekend afternoon games to try and encourage all time zones to play, but during the week perhaps a few early or mid evening games, and maybe one or 2 early morning games as there seems to be players active early in the morning....

Simply saying players only show up for big games so they wont stay is not the answer, times that work and games that draw people to play would hopefully entice people to play more often and for longer times when they do play.. the site desperately needs more traffic and if bigger games is the only way to achieve it,,, to me the answer is clear and obvious.

Just my 2 cents worth

BigC likes this.
  9. CoachesCorner

FatChips:
    A game at an earlier time on Sunday would also work for the euros, as the 6 PM game is 11 PM for them with work the next day..... Just trying to be logical regarding a second big game on Sunday at an earlier time...
    To me the site has to accommodate all time zones with the big games if possible

10. HappyKampr

HappyKampr Well-Known Member AMIGOS

FatChips:
    Thanks for the Sunday Big game, I had a nice time. :cool: Maybe one earlier would be good also, I can't play evening games.:(

BigC likes this.
  11. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    I agree Happy...The more the merrier...Sure can't hurt..

12. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Seems no Sunday 50K game is on the schedule in the lobby o_O....
    Unless i missed something!!!!! :(

13. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    So what happened today??? 5/13/18

14. GOBBY

GOBBY Member Bazinga

FatChips:
    unfortunatly i go out on sunday's to play my own version of the big game, a 10 pence a game of blackjack lol, we have our own rules and usualy its a 50 to 60p pot lol.
    most weeks i loss £1.00 lol but £1 for 5 hours entertainment with friends is a bargain in my book :D

15. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Waiting on Admin....
    Do we still have a Sunday game or NOT????

16. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    bump

17. FatCat

FatCat Administrator Staff Member Test

FatChips:
    What happened? - I forgot to make it, been working on the back end of 2 servers for the past week and a half. The script wasn't made to include a 50k sunday game, I have no tools for the script that auto makes the tables. So i've been making them on Thurs or Fri. I've made one already for this Sun.

Will the a 50k Sunday game continue? For now, sure. Once I make the script easier to work with and create a tool to manage it, the sunday big game will be replaced by a daily 4x 25k game spread 6 hours apart.

18. BigC

BigC Member RoyalRUSH

FatChips:
    Thank You..

19. MissMousse

MissMousse Member Chief Bazinga

FatChips:
    thanks Joe, updates are always good.