Your computer knows you (GOOGLE)

BigC

Aug 20, 2017
FatChips
Kentucky
FatChips
This is my opinion and doesn't reflect on anyone on this site....I am posting this in hopes to see how the fatcat members feel...

Google uses algorithms to see every move we make on our computers..... They know what sites we visit,what we search for and set up their database accordingly....I think it is an invasion of privacy....I think there should be a switch (button) to push to turn that feature off...I made this short n sweet trying not to make this post lengthy...

How do some of you feel about this???

Reactions: Alex777

CoachesCorner

Aug 20, 2017
FatChips
FatChips
They have been doing that for years, thats why if you search say drills at home depot, then on certain websites there will be small sidebar ads promoting drills at home depot..
if you go here... https://myaccount.google.com/intro/activitycontrols?pli=1 and sign in using your google name and password you can DE select what google tracks you doing. Seems you still get some but you get a lot less of them tracking you as you can remove location, device , voice searches ,you tube.

You are still being tracked but it can be minimized. Also dont be fooled other browsers like Microsoft Edge also track you I think they all do and they get kickbacks for the ads they show or sites they recommend

Last edited:

BigC

Aug 20, 2017
FatChips
Kentucky
FatChips
i knew they had been doing it for years bud.....I just wanted to see how most felt about it.....
Myself i want a switch to shut all following off....I know where i want to browse lol....

CoachesCorner

Aug 20, 2017
FatChips
FatChips
I know and I hear you, you me and probably most people would love to have that switch lol , I was just letting people know you can stop some of the tracking google does if you want