Updates Site Changes - MoW, Teams, & Rounds

FatCat

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2017
FatChips
FatChips
Member of the Week
The Member of the week game is now discontinued. Since Member of the Week title is recognized by its corresponding game, the front page slot will be changed to a similar name.

Player of the Week
This will replace Member of the Week on the front page. Player of the Week will be based on a weekly score. It may evolve over time to include other factors.

Team of the Week
Later (when I code it in) in order to participate in Team of the Week and other future dedicated team leagues, you must be a part of a team with 3 or more members.

Rounds
This round will be the last round that will last three months. Rounds therefore will be a month long each for the duration of the month.

How the points are determine will change after this round for teams and individual players. A new point system will replace it. More info later.

Teams
After this round, there will be some changes regarding players joining/leaving teams and team rewards. More info later.

Other stuff/info

Cards
If you don't like the 4 color cards, let me know and I'll see what we can do. If you have a color blindness and there are 2/4 colors/shades you would like to see to better help you, send me with a personal message or email support and I'll see what we can do to improve your experience.

Poker Engine
If for some reason anyone is unhappy with the poker engine for what ever reason and would be interested in raising money for a new Poker Engine, send me a message or email support. If there is enough interest with funds to back it up, we'll get a new engine. If not, we're stuck with what we've got. I have no ability to change the core function of how the poker engine works. Unfortunately the company that provided the current system, is no longer responds to my emails.

----

Edit:
Team of the Week
Since there is no Member of the week game anymore, I'd like to propose a change in time to better fit for most players.

flashlight

Dec 28, 2017
FatChips
Tiddy Widdy Beach, South Australia
FatChips
Player of the Week
This will replace Member of the Week on the front page. Player of the Week will be based on a weekly score. It may evolve over time to include other factors.
I won't really affect me but I like this concept as I assume it will rewards results and participation.
Team of the Week
Later (when I code it in) in order to participate in Team of the Week and other future dedicated team leagues, you must be a part of a team with 3 or more members.
Good idea but maybe the 3 limit is too low. I could join EvilKizz and virtually play solo anyhow!

CoachesCorner

Aug 20, 2017
FatChips
FatChips
Between 5 and 6 PM EDT is prime dinner time for Eastern North America but perhaps 4:30 PM EDT could be a compromise? , would be 6 AM or 6:30 AM for the Aussies until the clocks change .
Might still affect East Coast dinner time but not as drastically.

that would be

Sunday Morning 6 or 6:30 AM Aussies
Saturday midday 1:30 PM west coast North America
Saturday late afternoon 4:30 PM east coast North America
Saturday night 9:30/10:30 PM Euros

A bit late for Euros, a bit early for Aussies, Hopefully pre dinner time East Coast NA., and middle of the day West Coast NA, everyone would have a bit of a compromise but hopefully still be able to play

TOW already has the largest turnout of all games, so changing it drastically might be a mistake but I agree if a small change can get even more players out its a good thing for the site.

Last edited:

BigC

Aug 20, 2017
FatChips
Kentucky
FatChips
Player of the week......I wish you could be more specific on how this works....
Some play day in day out from early to late....
Most can't play that much....How would you give points out???

Also the team of the week game does involve most of the players....An hour or two up or down might help but idk...

Last edited:
Reactions: Catman

Catman

Sep 3, 2017
FatChips
Cardiff, UK
FatChips
Player of the week......I wish you could be more specific on how this works....
Some play day in day out from early to late....
Most can't play that much....How would you give points out???

Also the team of the week game does involve most of the players....An hour or two up or down might help but idk...
I agree with both your comments here bigc

Reactions: BigC