Updates New Years Update

FatCat

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2017
FatChips
FatChips
Happy New Year everyone! As this round comes to an end and a new round starts. I've made some changes to start off the new year.

There will now be:
A game to register for every 15 minutes, this is to cut the gap down between games.
Four (4) 25k Games each day (about every 6 hours, different times each day).
A Free-roll League. To qualify you must play in the Free-roll Games.There are eight (8) a day (different times each day).

There are still "Themed" days, All-In Monday, Double Tuesday, Mayhem Wednesday, Turbo Thursday, and Friday Mashup.
Team of the Week and Member of the Week will remain at the same scheduled day/times.

The Free-roll, Friday Mashup, 25K, 50K, and Holiday games will be chosen at random (from Holdem, Omaha, and Omaha-8) when the games are created.

As always, I'm open to suggestions on improving the site, whether that is improvements to the display, games, rounds, and/or leagues.

Thank you all, for being a part of Team FatCat.
- Joe

Catman

Sep 3, 2017
FatChips
Cardiff, UK
FatChips
Sounds good but personaly i think the games should stay every half hour as too many tables is a nightmare to play for some including myself.
Also is there a limit to how many free roll games you can play as on the other site you would have peeps playing EVERY freeroll game which gives them a massive advantage over those who cant play loads. You are a god send doing all this work for us and i thankyou very much. Just a few suggestions hopfully will help. Maybe bring back a game you have to qualifiy for? Various games through out the week to qualify for a big payout game on the weekend or end of month?

Last edited:

CoachesCorner

Chief
Aug 20, 2017
FatChips
FatChips
More games, and having some higher payout games daily is what the site needs, the more we keep people active the greater chance they will play longer. Having a 15 minute game start allows those who lost early to get into another game quicker rather than wandering away and not returning.
People dont have to register for each game but at least it gives players a chance to get back on the tables quicker... Awesome improvements, hopefully they help to bring fatcat back to the site it once was quicker

FatCat

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2017
FatChips
FatChips
Sounds good but personaly i think the games should stay every half hour as too many tables is a nightmare to play for some including myself.
Also is there a limit to how many free roll games you can play as on the other site you would have peeps playing EVERY freeroll game which gives them a massive advantage over those who cant play loads. You are a god send doing all this work for us and i thankyou very much. Just a few suggestions hopfully will help. Maybe bring back a game you have to qualifiy for? Various games through out the week to qualify for a big payout game on the weekend or end of month?
I've received feedback on the concern about games every 15 mins. I rebuilt the script to make games from scratch and tossed the old method out. With a minor change, the games will be back at 30 mins or even every hour. So if the games become a bad change it'll be easy to change back. I make things in a way its easy to revert to if something was to come up.

Is there a limit for Free-roll? No, However just because someone plays every game won't mean they get a "massive advantage." I'm not sure how the DB done it in the past but I wont base it on a point system like how ToW is calculated (ie. 10 for 1st, 9 for 2nd, etc.). It'll be more based on the number of games played, what you placed, how many played in that game played, along with other factors. Also there will be a minimum number of games required in order to be placed on the Free-roll leaderboard. Free-roll will be my implication of a leaderboard.

FatCat

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 19, 2017
FatChips
FatChips
Sorry about the misunderstanding. Its at 15 min increments currently. I was just saying if games every 15 mins don't work out, it will be easy for me to make a small change to put it back to every 30 mins.

Catman

Sep 3, 2017
FatChips
Cardiff, UK
FatChips
I've received feedback on the concern about games every 15 mins. I rebuilt the script to make games from scratch and tossed the old method out. With a minor change, the games will be back at 30 mins or even every hour. So if the games become a bad change it'll be easy to change back. I make things in a way its easy to revert to if something was to come up.

Is there a limit for Free-roll? No, However just because someone plays every game won't mean they get a "massive advantage." I'm not sure how the DB done it in the past but I wont base it on a point system like how ToW is calculated (ie. 10 for 1st, 9 for 2nd, etc.). It'll be more based on the number of games played, what you placed, how many played in that game played, along with other factors. Also there will be a minimum number of games required in order to be placed on the Free-roll leaderboard. Free-roll will be my implication of a leaderboard.
Thanks for the reply sounds great thankyou!!